3.16.2009

Welcome to the Good Life

Nike targeted women in a series of advertisements. It is about empowerment-LOVE YOUR BODY! As atheletes our bodies are strong, muscular, and toned. These advertisements focus on embracing our curves and muscles built from the sports we love. I am a marketing major and a runner: these ads appeal to me and to millions of thousands of women around the world. I look at these ads and think, I can make ads like this, all I have to do is look at my body and my thunder thighs and sell it. Market the body running gave me and Nike will give me a big paycheck! Kanye West says it best in his song "The Good Life" - "We like the girls who ain't on TV cause they got more ass than the models do!"

MY BUTT is big and round like the letter C and ten thousand lunges have it rounder but not smaller and thats just fine. It's a space heater for my side of the bed, it's my ambassador to those who walk behind me, it's a border collie that herds skinny women at clothing sales. My butt is big and thats just fine, and those who might scorn it are invited to kiss it. Just Do it."




I have THUNDER THIGHS and that's a compliment because they are strong and toned and muscular and though they are unwelcome in the petite section they are cheered on in marathons. Fifty years from now I'll bounce a grandchild on my thunder thighs and then I'll go out for a run. Just Do It.





My SHOULDERS aren't dainty or proportional to my hips. Some say they are a like a man's. I say, leave men out of it. They are mine, I made them in a swimming pool then I went to yoga and made my arms. Just Do It.

1 comment:

  1. "... and those who might scorn it are invited to kiss it." HAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete